The World’s Official Natural Movement® Fitness Program
Master Your Movement And Take Your Fitness to a Whole New Level With The MovNat Certification Program
As featured in:
Level 1. Your Launchpad.
The MovNat Certification is the most established, complete, and recognized movement course you can find, anywhere. It is the industry standard. If you are serious about movement – this is what you do.
Level 1 is all about the basics. We teach you about MovNat’s philosophy and how to rebuild your movement capability “from the ground up.” We start with ground movements that restore mobility – such as deep squatting, getting up, and crawling. From there, we continue working on your technique in a wide assortment of practical skills that restore strength and stability – such as lifting, carrying, and throwing. Finally, we finish with the higher level movements – such as jumping and climbing – that demand more power and specialized technique.
Level 1 guides you to achieve the beginner level physical benchmarks, employ a wide variety of implementation strategies, and begin your journey coaching movement as a professional.
Course Description: The Level 1 Certification includes lectures and practice sessions to learn MovNat’s concepts and modalities, essential movements, coaching and teaching strategies, and other lifestyle recommendations. The movement training includes small group sessions in which attendees are instructed and evaluated in MovNat techniques. Methods are discussed for optimizing both an individual’s movements and how to instruct others. Certification candidates should view the Level I Certification Course as the beginning of the journey.
You Learn By Doing
Our Certification Is A One-of-a-Kind Experience
- You will learn the philosophy, practice, and application of the MovNat Natural Movement® Fitness method so that you can go deeper in your movement practice and help others do the same.
- You will have a fun-filled, movement-packed certification experience with like-minded people while learning how to take your training home to feel, move, and perform better in every aspect of your daily life.
- Our Level 1 Certification events are designed for beginners, experts, and professionals alike so that you can learn and improve no matter your age, fitness, or experience level.
- Our curriculum is always evolving and we are constantly releasing new materials to help our MovNat Certified Trainers (and candidates, like you!) reach their full potential.
The MovNat Level 1 Certification is trusted by top health, fitness, and movement professionals worldwide.
“I believe that people have lost touch with what it means to be a fully functional human being. We’ve adapted to live in a very forgiving urban environment and as a result have become frail and fragile versions of what we are truly capable of.”
– Stefano Tripney, MovNat Team Instructor
“MovNat has opened up a world of new business opportunities for me…My new understanding of human movement has allowed me to reach a larger demographic of people – from young athletes to die-hard golfers to the aging population…I now have a surplus of business opportunities and not enough hours in the week to service the demand.”
– Karina Stuke, Level 1 MCT & Health Coach
“MovNat has completely flipped my movement philosophy on itself. I was limited before to four walls and typical gym equipment. I was boxed in.”
– Alicia Wang, Level 1 MCT
“MovNat has been great to incorporate into my rehab practice and strength training. It has also been great being able to incorporate it into my practice working with rugby athletes.”
– Dr. Steve Politis, DPT & Level I MCT
“Movement is an essential part of our mission to find community, camaraderie, and accountability. It helps develop a connection to the world and all it has to offer.”
– Melissa & Kim, MovNat Master Trainers
“At my old gym, I kinda became the go-to guy…and it was also funny to see my manager’s face when I strolled in with a 2×4 to use with clients who had progressed from the floor. Soon after, ALL the other trainers were wanting to utilize this simple tool. Being able to break down all of these movements into simple and progressive steps is where MovNat is really leading the way with its education.”
– Richard Michael Lee, Level 1 MCT, NASM-CPT, NASM-CES, OTC
“The coolest part about MovNat and Natural Movement – is that everyone responds to it. I mean EVERYONE.”
– Cameron Pratto. Level 3 MCT. Owner of Urban Movement.
What’s on the Agenda?
Learning, Adapting, and Increasing your Real World Capability
We’ll be rebuilding and refining basic movement patterns that most modern humans have lost, using MovNat’s “from the ground up” approach.
You can expect several hours of professional instruction per day, split between morning and afternoon sessions. Every session will first cover fundamental movement techniques and variations with a great emphasis on mindfulness, breath, position, stability, and relaxation. Your instructors will emphasize practical, mindful movement and progressive, safe skill acquisition.
- Safe, step-by-step progressions for all abilities and fitness levels
- Learn MovNat’s principles through experience, and how they will change how you think about the way you move
- Understanding MovNat’s approach to developing movement skill and improving fitness
- Special emphasis on ground movement (e.g. sitting, kneeling, crawling, get ups, etc.) for restoring stability and mobility
- Introduction to each of MovNat’s movement domains (e.g. crawling, walking, running, balancing, jumping, vaulting, climbing, lifting, carrying, throwing, catching, etc.)
- Instruction on how to incorporate MovNat into your existing fitness routine, at-home practice, or busy lifestyle
We will be learning the foundations of this lost practice through a safe, yet challenging method. This experience will have clear benefits that you will feel immediately for overall physiological health, sustainable fitness, and reconnection to the child-like enjoyment of movement.
A Proven System.
Improve Your Movement Skills Quickly & Efficiently with our Rigorously Tested, State-of-the-Art Curriculum
As part of your Level 1 Certification, we provide several important resources to help you prepare and get the most out of the experience.
- The MovNat Trainer Manual (version 5.0) is an indispensable resource not only for preparing for your certification, but as an ongoing guide. The step-by-step instructions, illustrations and additional resources will help you deepen your movement practice, wherever you happen to be on your journey.
- The Level 1 Certification Preparation Guide contains programming materials to help you better implement Natural Movement Training to be well-prepared for your certification event.
- The Level 1 Movement Progression Manual includes step by step breakdowns of each skill taught in the Level 1 curriculum, to help you and those you train learn and progress quickly and safely.
Inside the MovNat Trainer Manual
The Movement Section
The Manual is designed to bring you up to speed with the fundamental principles & terminology that govern movement and MovNat coaching techniques We begin with an extensive discussion of movement itself, how it is practiced, and what it’s components are.
Topics in the movement section include:
- Movement Effectiveness / Efficiency principles
- Mindfulness & body signals
- Kinetic preservation
- Technique variation & adaptability
- Formation of technique (position – sequence – tension)
- Points & Base of Support
- Body Weight Shifting & Transfer
- Static & Dynamic balance
Each category of movement is further explained and discussed in a corresponding module. Techniques, biomechanical theory, practical applications, skill progressions, safety concerns, and a series of drills are covered in each module.
The Coaching Section.
This section covers the best practices and considerations for teaching MovNat classes, workshops, and one on one training sessions. The specifics of the current fitness landscape, public perception, and appropriate venue are discussed. We cover all the safety concerns and practical considerations that go along with teaching Natural Movement in the real world.
Topics in the coaching section include:
- How to train at various levels
- How to establish perception drills for new practitioners
- How to manage training safety
- Promoting the MovNat Situational Mindset in your teaching
- How to deconstruct & progressively sequence proper technique
- Identifying inefficiencies & addressing them in practice
- How to manage training progressions
- Programming guidelines for establishing a curriculum (Singular drills, Combos, Courses, Challenges & Games)
Ready to get started?
Get Strong By Nature®
Natural Movement is the “Missing Link” in Fitness
The Video Library
Register Today. Start Practicing Today.
Upon completing your registration, you will also be given access to the video training library, which contains several hours of both instructional and demonstration videos. This excellent resource is designed to make your certification process as rewarding as possible. If you register today, you can start training today. These videos take you step by step through each movement in the Level 1 Certification. Watch Erwan Le Corre explain the principles behind each movement you will be tested on. You can train right along with Erwan as he goes step by step through each movement.
Get Strong To Be Helpful
Become a Capable, Confident Mover
At your Level 1 Certification event, you will learn dozens of techniques, such as:
- Ground Movement (lying, rolling, crawling, sitting, kneeling and get-ups)
- Gait Movement (walking and balancing variations, technical stepping)
- Airborne Movement (basic jumping and beginner vaulting techniques)
- Climbing Movement (specifically on narrow vertical and horizontal surfaces)
- Manipulative Movement (e.g. lifting, carrying, throwing, catching, etc.)
You will also receive teaching and coaching in Movement Efficiency and General Practice Efficiency principles to help you get the most out of your training.
Techniques covered by the Level 1 Certification:
Note: The skills taught may vary from event to event.
- Ground Movement
- Crawling & Get Ups
- Balancing technique
- Pivot Reverse
- Cross Reverse
- General Landing
- Leg Swing Jump
- Forward Jump
- Hook Traverse
- Side Swing Throw
- Push Press Throw
- Side Swing Catch
- Push Press Catch
- Push Press
- Waist Carry
- Chest Carry
- Upward Jump
- Downward Jump
- Tripod Vault
- Single-handed Side Vault
- Double-handed Side Vault
- Forward Swing
- Forward Swing Traverse
- Side Swing Traverse
- Power Traverse
What our Graduates Have to Say
MovNat changes your mindset, then your body, then your life.
What The Press is Saying
MovNat is the Future of Fitness
“And with that one word — “practical” — Le Corre exposes a key weakness in modern exercise: Our workouts are domesticated, while the world out there is still plenty wild. In a pinch, can a man put gym-generated biceps and tank-tread abs to any real use?”
“Le Corre’s program occupies a space all its own. If anything, MovNat falls within the concept of “evolutionary fitness,” an increasingly popular trend embraced by a loosely organized but fast-growing global community of health enthusiasts, medical professionals, and athletes.”
“Under most circumstances, if I did an activity that left me with multiple bruises and such sore muscles that lifting my arms was agony, I’d guess that I’d done something very stupid. But after getting roughed up in Silver Spring earlier this month, I couldn’t help but feel smart — or, at least, smarter than the average gymgoer.”
“In a fitness industry driven by competition and aesthetics, Erwan Le Corre is a beacon of light. His school of natural movement celebrates Nature – both within us and around us. As millions of feet pound millions of treadmills in air-conditioned gyms the world over, one man in the wilds of New Mexico is quietly starting a natural fitness revolution.”
“We were getting fit not by going to a hi-tech gym, but by going back to nature’s basics. The central ideology is adaptation: re-mastering the motor skills – from running and jumping to swimming and defending – that originally made us one of the most adaptable species on the planet.”
“Our overspecialization in unnatural settings, believes Erwan Le Corre, not only has no practical application, but has disconnected us from our natural selves. This disconnect, he believes, is the root of chronic pain, obesity, depression, and general lack of vitality that plagues people all over the world. It’s a plight, he says, of a race of zoo humans.”
Ready to Get Started?
FAQ & Terms
Q: Who Is This Course For?
The Level 1 Certification is designed as the ideal entry-point for all skill and fitness levels, from absolute beginners to experienced professionals.
Whether you’re a complete beginner, a professional, or a serious enthusiast, we will help you deepen your understanding of Natural Movement® Fitness by focusing on rebuilding basic movement patterns, using MovNat’s “from the ground up” approach.
The people who attend our Level 1 Certification come from all walks of life and from all over the world. They are men and women, young and old, who are busy parents, office workers, doctors, aspiring MovNat trainers, and others who are looking to improve their movement skills and fitness naturally. Some are totally new to MovNat and are hoping to start feeling healthy, fit, strong, and capable for the first time in their lives. Others have been training, in one way or another, their whole lives. Many are looking for an alternative to the traditional approach to fitness, which has failed them in some way. So, this program is for anyone who wants to become the healthiest, strongest, and most capable person they can be naturally, and wants to help others do the same.
Note: The level of difficulty will be scaled for each person’s ability. The L1 certification is definitely beginner friendly, and you will never be pushed to do anything too hard, unsafe, or that you’re uncomfortable with. But you will be challenged with basic, mindful movements that deliver amazing benefits for overall fitness, mobility and conditioning.
Q: May I attend the Level 1 Certification even if I am NOT a health or fitness professional or don’t want to get certified?
Yes! The Level 1 Certification was created for both professionals and enthusiasts alike, and anyone can participate. MovNat founder, Erwan Le Corre, said it best: “The way I originally designed the level 1 was to enable many to train themselves and practice on their own better, but also to start sharing with people around them the power of Natural Movement® thanks to the proven effectiveness of the MovNat method. You do not have to be a fitness professional and not even to consider becoming one to pass it. All you need is the intention of learning, bettering your own movement, body and mind, and the heart condition which is to share with others the beauty and potency of what you have learned yourself.” Many of our students are not professionals and simply want the “full experience” to learn how to move better.
Q: What are the requirements to earn the Level 1 Certification?
To become a MovNat Certified Trainer, you must be at least 18 years of age, and successfully pass the following three evaluations:
- Movement Technique – Instructors will evaluate your movement technique of the Level 1 skills throughout the weekend. Learning and practicing these movements is essential for success at the MovNat Certification. There are extensive instructional materials in the MovNat Trainer Manual and in the Video Library.
- Coaching Ability – Instructors will evaluate your ability to coach others using a test scenario in a group format. Candidates will be expected to be able to verbalize and demonstrate proper technique for all Level 1 movements as well as identify and correct inefficient movement patterns.
- Written Test – The written evaluation has been designed to guarantee a competency and fluency with the concepts and ideas of Natural Movement®. As a trainer, it is essential to be able to communicate these concepts to clients and the public. The test contains 25 multiple choice questions, and a passing score of 80% or better is required. All of the test questions come directly from the lectures, video library, and the MovNat Trainer Manual.
Sample Test Questions:
Q: What are the 4 grips?
A. Crossed fingers grip, Wrist grip, Gable grip, S-grip.
B. Wrist grip, V-grip, Crossed fingers grip, Plough grip.
C. Gable grip, V-grip, Plough grip, Crossed fingers grip.
D. S-grip, Crossed fingers grip, Swing grip, Wrist grip.
Q: The following description is about which technique? This technique is primarily used after a depth jump (or a jump from height). It is useful in dispersing a significant amount of the impact forces throughout the entire kinetic chain, rather than leaving them localized primarily in the lower body.
A. Squat Landing
B. Slap Landing
C. Swing Landing
D. Rotational Landing
Failure in any area of evaluation will result in no certification being issued to the participant. However, there is a 3-month grace period for completing any incomplete or failed tests. Upon passing, a certificate will be issued backdated to the date of the event. Also, logistics permitting, the candidates who fail some of the tests might be allowed to re-take the tests during the same weekend. We want you to succeed!
Q: May I attend without testing or pursuing certification?
A: Absolutely. You may opt out of the certification and/or any of the tests.
Q: How should I prepare?
- Read the MovNat Certified Trainer Manual and study the Level 1 Prep Materials (e.g. L1 Progression Manual, L1 Video Library, etc.)
- Join the MovNat Certified Trainer private Facebook group
- Get familiar with the movements, principles, and methodology of the MovNat system.
- See the “Prep Resources” tab above for more study aids.
We recommend at least three months and 20 total hours of practice time to prepare for the Level 1 Certification. But depending on your fitness level and movement background, you may need more or less time to prepare.
Note: You will receive a detailed Prep Guide and additional preparation instructions upon signup.
Q: How difficult is this program? Is it really accessible to all ages and ability levels?
A: The Level 1 Certification is an accessible, but tough course, and you should expect to be challenged mentally and physically if you want to earn the L1 MCT credential. If you take your preparation seriously and are willing to consistently practice – even if you are unfit, older in age, or struggle with certain movements – you have a good chance of earning this certification. However, this is not an easy certification to earn, and some people don’t pass, usually because they are not prepared. This is why we provide so many helpful resources as part of the program along with many other ways to support your journey toward better movement (e.g. MovNat E-courses, MovNat Online Coaching, etc.). Please note that our certification team instructors are experienced with helping people of all ages and abilities, and they provide a safe environment for improving your movement skills, regardless of your current ability. Also, our performance standards for the physical tests are adjusted based on age and gender. Furthermore, in rare cases, we provide testing exemptions for students with chronic, debilitating injuries (on a case-by-case basis).
Q: What if I can’t perform some of the movements or fail to pass the testing requirements in order to get certified? Is the training and instruction scalable to my ability level?
A: Yes. Every movement and protocol can be adjusted to meet your individual needs. If you are uncomfortable or unable to perform a certain movement, your instructor will provide an alternative that is more suitable to your ability. You will never be pushed to do anything too hard, unsafe, or that you’re uncomfortable with. Also, in the event that you fail some of the tests during your certification, you will be granted a 3-month grace period to re-test after the event has concluded. We want you to succeed, and we’ll do everything we can to support you.
Q: How long will my new certification be valid?
A: Your new certification will be valid for 2 years from the date that it is processed. This is to ensure all MovNat Certified Trainers knowledge and skills are sharp, that you continue to meet our standards, and are up to date with current editions of educational materials.
Q: Is there a deadline to register for this course?
A: No. You may sign up anytime. However, space is limited and many of our courses sell out, sometimes months in advance.
Please email us at email@example.com with any additional questions you have regarding MovNat Certification.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR CERTIFICATION
Certification candidates must be at least 18 years old.
The default language for the Level 1 Course is English. However, some of our Team Instructors are multi-lingual. Also, depending on the local logistics, some courses might have a local MovNat Trainer who could translate some lectures. The written exam is always in English, though.
- All participants are required to register for the Level 1 Certification at MovNat.com.
- Payment plans are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set one up.
- Arrangements to pay by check or other method are permissible. Please email us at email@example.com to obtain specific details.
- We are unable to accommodate refunds. However, transfers are available, subject to limitations. See below for more information.
MovNat is a U.S.A. based company and all our prices are listed in U.S. dollars. All sales are final.
Refunds and Transfers Policy
Due to the large quantity of live training events we conduct, MovNat does not accommodate requests for refunds on event registration fees (e.g. Workshops, Certifications, Retreats, Specialty Events, etc.). However, we do accommodate requests to transfer to a different event, subject to the following terms and conditions. These conditions are necessary because we plan and schedule the logistics of each event, in part, based on the total number of student registrations several months before the event takes place.
If you are a registered participant for an upcoming MovNat event, you may transfer your registration to another similar event (if space permits) at no charge, if the request is made at least 90 days prior to the original event’s start date. You may also transfer your registration to another person, if you prefer.
All transfer requests must be sent to MovNat HQ by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you miss the 90-day window, you may “late transfer” your registration if the request is made at least 30 days prior to the original event’s start date, subject to a $250 processing fee.
If a transfer request is approved, we will honor (1) transfer to a similar event of your choosing, as long as the new event is scheduled within one year of the original event’s start date. You may not transfer more than once or after a 1 year period has elapsed.
Requests to transfer that are made less than 30 days in advance of the event’s start date will be denied, and no refund will be provided.
There are no exceptions to this refunds and transfers policy.
We reserve the right to cancel any MovNat event at our sole discretion. If we must cancel an event, you will receive either a full refund or the option to transfer to another similar event. We will make every effort to notify you of any cancellations at least 2 weeks prior to your event’s date, unless there is an unexpected disaster/calamity, which renders our event and the surrounding environment hazardous to any participants. If you must book commercial travel and accommodations prior to this two week window, we highly recommend you purchase refundable ticket options and travel insurance.
We also reserve the right to postpone and reschedule an event if it is deemed unsafe by us or local authorities to continue with the event at the appointed time. If we must postpone an event, you will be informed as soon as possible. Once it is deemed safe to reschedule the original event, we will inform you via email and your registration will be transferred to the new date. If you cannot attend the new, rescheduled date, we can postpone your attendance to any comparable future event that you wish to attend.
Note: For more information, please see our Terms and Conditions.
USE OF MOVNAT CERTIFICATE AND TRADEMARK
- Both “MovNat” and “Natural Movement” are USPTO registered trademarks. MovNat LLC owns the exclusive right of use in commerce of both trademarks. The use in commerce of both the MovNat and Natural Movement trademarks by MovNat Certified Trainers is subject to specific limitations (see below).
- For information regarding becoming a MovNat/Natural Movement licensed facility, please click here.
MOVNAT CERTIFIED TRAINER RIGHTS & PRIVILEGES:
- List your trainer certification on personal business materials, as follows: your name, MovNat Certified Trainer (or MovNat Natural Movement Trainer)
- Designate that you are a “MovNat Certified Trainer” or “MovNat Natural Movement Trainer” on your website, business cards, and all promotional materials.
- Use the MovNat Certified Trainer logo which will be available upon completion of the course.
- Access to the private MCT Facebook Group.
- Being listed in our MCT locator on movnat.com.
- (Limited) Right to use the “MovNat / Natural Movement Certified Trainer” title and logo on your business cards, website or printed material.
MovNat is here to support you in your quest to spread the word about the practice. However, there are a few limitations that are in place to avoid brand confusion and promote the growth of a reputable gym/class licensing program.
- Use of the MovNat/Natural Movement trademarks and graphics can be used in a business context with permission. Please ask us for guidelines beforehand to ensure optimal and mutually beneficial usage.
- Linking to MovNat’s content is acceptable, encouraged, and appreciated.
- Unless you are enrolled in our licensing program, you cannot use the MovNat or Natural Movement trademark and name in your business name, videos, web address, class name, or facility name.
- Any MovNat videos you develop for your website must be high-quality, professional and approved by MovNat, LLC.
Natural Movement® is for everyone. MovNat endorses the principles of equal opportunity. The MovNat Certification Program is available to all participants regardless of age, race, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, sexual preference or orientation.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any additional questions you have regarding MovNat Certification.
The MovNat Level 1 Certification Program includes all the resources you need to get started on your Natural Movement journey as a practitioner or professional. But if you’d like to go the extra mile, these additional resources will be helpful to go deeper in your journey.
Cert Prep Guide – by Danny Clark, MovNat Performance Director and Master Instructor.
How to Prepare for a MovNat Certification – Advice from our Team Instructors.
Performance Benchmarks – Physical standards to strive for at your certification event.
From the Ground Up – 12 part video series, by Danny Clark, MovNat Master Instructor.
Restoration Series 1 – Primary – Follow along, voice over video practice.
Restoration Series 2 – Renewal – Follow along, voice over video practice.
Natural Movement Video Library – Visual examples of many natural movements.
MovNat Sessions Newsletter – Weekly MovNat workouts delivered via email.
The Practice of Natural Movement Book – The definitive guide to Natural Movement® Fitness.
MovNat Level 1 Fundamentals – A follow-along E-course to help you prepare for the physical tests at the L1 Cert.
MovNat Online Coaching – The absolute best way to be prepared for the event, and integrate the teachings after the event to ensure maximum retention.
We trust that if you make use of these extensive resources, you’ll glean the maximum benefits from your certification experience.
Upcoming Level 1 certifications
Move How You’re Meant To.
Train Like You Mean It.
The MovNat Level 1 Certification is your starting point for learning the fundamental skills and principles of Natural Movement® Fitness.
If you want to build your movement skills and fitness naturally, increase your real world capability from the ground up, and help others do the same, this is a perfect “next step” in your movement and fitness journey. Discover what you’re truly capable of when you start moving naturally – the way your body is meant to move. Sign up for a MovNat Level 1 Certification Today, and give yourself a strong foundation for a deep, lifelong Natural Movement® practice.
Still have questions?
Please contact us.