We have revamped our licensing program to help you succeed as a professional and grow your business.
What is a local partner?
A MovNat Local Partner is a business entity (owned by a MCT or that has one on staff) such as a gym, medical clinic, or other facility where they instruct MovNat and/or Natural Movement sessions, classes, workshops, retreats, and/or provide other services (e.g. medical consultations). This title requires a license and is for those who want to represent MovNat in their local market. Our Local Partners gain exclusive rights to run Elements(™) workshops and other educational services bearing the trademarks.
Enrolling as a Local Partner requires special criteria to be met. If you own or work at a gym, personal training or yoga studio, medical clinic, or have another similar businesses, you may be eligible for a Local Partner License – even if you don’t have a facility.
Why Get a license?
Here are some of the ways a MovNat License can help you succeed as a professional and grow your business.
- Global brand recognition from associating with the World Leader in Natural Movement Fitness – the fastest growing fitness offering in the world.
- The right to commercial use of our trademarks (i.e. “MovNat®” and “Natural Movement®”) in your business name, website address, social media account titles, and other official promotional materials to promote your business via print, digital and video media.
- The ability to hold official MovNat / Natural Movement workshops and other educational services, such as retreats.
- Being featured on the MovNat.com Trainer and Local Partner Locator to direct new customers to your business.
- Automatic eligibility to teach and profit from 1-Day Elements Workshops.
- Opportunities to be featured in MovNat’s main marketing channels (website, newsletter, social media, etc.).
- Networking opportunities with other Local Partners and ongoing support from our team.
- Access to premium advertising materials, such as door/window stickers, posters, and advertising templates to promote your MovNat business.
- Access to the official MovNat programming and workout structure guidelines for both private training and group fitness instruction of MovNat Natural Movement classes.
- Access to a private chat group with other Local Partners
- The right to use MovNat’s Natural Movement® Modular Equipment System.
And much more! The tables below provide some more details about the different benefits from our Licensing program.
MovNat certified trainer Rights & Privileges
|Privilege||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Teach Level 1 skills via personal training, small group training, or classes (in person or online services)||✓||✓||✓|
|Use the “MovNat Certified Trainer” and/or “MovNat Natural Movement Trainer” names, the MCT credential,|
and the MCT Logo on personal business materials, website, and promotional materials
|Listed on the MovNat.com Trainer Directory||✓||✓||✓|
|Eligible for certification at specialty events (e.g. MovNat Combatives & Aquatics)||✓||✓||✓|
|*May petition for Local Partner Licensing if a health care professional||✓||N/A||N/A|
|Teach Level 2 skills via personal training, small group training, or classes (in person or online services)||×||✓||✓|
|Eligible for Local Partner Licensing||×||✓||✓|
|Teach Level 3 skills via personal training, small group training, or classes (in person or online services)||×||×||✓|
|Eligible for selection as a MovNat Team Instructor (by invitation only)||×||×||✓|
MovNat local partner Rights & Privileges
|Listed on the MovNat.com website as a Local Partner||✓|
|May use MovNat® & Natural Movement® trademarks in business name/brand/website (e.g. MovNat Madison).||✓|
|May develop websites, videos, and promo materials bearing the MovNat / Natural Movement trademarks||✓|
|Eligibility to hold (and profit from) MovNat 1 day Elements workshops||✓|
|Access to MovNat workout and programming guides for one-on-one instruction, group training, and classes.||✓|
|Access to all premium marketing materials (posters, door/window stickers, brochures, print/web ad templates, etc.)||✓|
|Preferred partner for official MovNat social media campaigns||✓|
|Ability to special order Natural Movement® Modular Equipment System||✓|
|Right of first refusal when MovNat events are hosted in your area||✓|
What are the requirements?
1. To become a MovNat Local Partner, you must be a Level 2 or Level 3 MovNat Certified Trainer or have one on staff.*
*Note: Health care professionals and therapists may apply for Licensing, even if they are only Level 1 certified. And in some cases, Licenses will be granted to those who are enrolled in a MovNat Level 2 Certification event, but have not yet earned their L2 certification.
2. You must be a business owner or become one (e.g. sole proprietor, LLC, or other legal entity in your state), or work as a sole proprietor out of a legally functioning facility (e.g. local gym).
3. All Licensees must carry current liability insurance and comply with all appropriate laws and regulations in your region. Insurance is available from many companies. However, MovNat has a special arrangement for professionals in the USA with Sports & Fitness Insurance Corporation. You can find plans here.
4. If opting for the MovNat Community Service License, you must have a permanent business address associated with an approved non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Or, other official documentation from your military base, school district, university, etc.
5. If you own multiple businesses or one business with multiple locations, a license is required for each location.
We have a generous scholarship program for special situations. If you would like to represent MovNat in your local community, but finances are tight, please fill out the License Scholarship Application for consideration.
Community Service License
The MovNat Community Service License is required for individuals and facilities interested in offering Natural Movement instruction or MovNat classes for free as a community service being offered in association with a current 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The MovNat Community Service License grants the licensee the opportunity to offer official MovNat Natural Movement® classes and instruction at an approved facility, as well as in the great outdoors, provided that no fees or donations of any kind are collected. There is no charge for this Licensing option.
Note: We also offer non-commercial Licensing options for training Military, LEO, Firefighters, K-12 schools, and universities – subject to limitations. Fill out the Application Form below for more details.
Q: How do I get a License to become a MovNat Local Partner?
A: The first step is to apply using the form below. If approved, you’ll then be required to submit any required documentation to verify proof of insurance, etc. If everything checks out, you’ll then submit your payment (either “paid in full” or your first monthly installment). After that, you’re officially a MovNat Local Partner!
Q: How much do Licenses cost?
A: The License is $149 USD per month or $1490 annually if prepaid (17% discount).
Q: How long is my license valid?
A: Each license is valid for 1 year from the date of activation.
Q: If I purchase a License, do I have to use MovNat/Natural Movement in my business name? And do all my classes have to be MovNat/Natural Movement?
A: This License is required for businesses interested in using the “MovNat” or “Natural Movement” trademarks in their brand name. For example, if you are located in Los Angeles, you would be permitted to call your business “MovNat LA,” or “Natural Movement LA.” However, you do not have to use the trademarks in your business name. Some choose not to because they already own established businesses and want to partner with MovNat and make it the foundation of their curriculum. Secondly: no, you don’t have to limit yourself to exclusively offering MovNat/Natural Movement classes. We do ask that anyone who uses MovNat/Natural Movement in their business name ensures that at least 70% of their offering is based on the MovNat Method. The rest is up to you!
Q: Is Licensing a good fit for me and my business?
A: If you love MovNat and want to share it with others, then you may be a good fit for Licensing. However, we understand that every business has unique needs, goals, and circumstances. So, the best way to find out if Licensing is a good fit for you is to apply using the form below, so that a MovNat representative can help you determine what would be best for you and your unique business goals.
Ready to join the movement?
Apply for the MovNat Local Partner Program
If you would like more information about the MovNat Local Partner Program, please fill out the form below. A MovNat representative will contact you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields