Seventy-five percent of the earth’s surface is covered with water. With water being the prominent feature of our environment, Aquatics training is a key component of the MovNat curriculum. MovNat is not only about moving safely and efficiently on land, but in water, as well.
The Aquatics Specialty Workshop & Trainer Certification is designed to provide you with all of the necessary tools to learn and teach even the most inexperienced student an array of swimming techniques along with how to navigate unconventional aquatic scenarios safely and efficiently.
Ultimately, Aquatics training is an essential survival skill, but it’s also enjoyable and fun!
Upcoming Aquatics Courses:
New Dates Coming soon!
Techniques and practices covered include
- 6 different strokes adapted to the circumstances and environment
- free-diving techniques
- breath-holding optimization
- rescue techniques for cooperative, non-cooperative, and unconscious persons
- moving objects in the water, at the surface, underwater and out of the water
- search and recovery techniques
- practical tips to help you and others become more confident in the water
- how to make training sessions enjoyable regardless of the environment, the temperature, and the logistics
Requirements for MovNat Aquatics Specialty Trainer Certification
Anyone can participate in this workshop, which is accessible to all, regardless of experience.
However, in order to be eligible for Certification, you must meet the following requirements:
- To be certified as a Level 1 MovNat Trainer (or higher)
- To pass the MovNat Aquatics test (i.e., rescue scenario, breathe holding for 1.5 minutes, teaching assignment, etc.)
- To be comfortable in the water (i.e., being able to swim at least 300m/yards and tread water for at least 5 minutes)