Level I Certification – Johannesburg, South Africa
$800.00 – $1,100.00
The MovNat Level 1 Certification is your starting point for learning the fundamental skills and principles of Natural Movement® Fitness.
We believe quality movement matters, and quality movement starts with Natural Movement®.
If you want to develop your movement skills and regenerate your body in a safe, sustainable, and natural way, please join us at this special certification event where you’ll safely explore what you’re truly capable of when you start moving naturally (i.e. the way your body is designed).
Course Description: The Level 1 Certification includes lectures and practice sessions to learn MovNat’s concepts and modalities, essential movements, coaching and teaching strategies, and other lifestyle recommendations. The movement training includes small group sessions in which attendees are instructed and evaluated in MovNat techniques. Methods are discussed for optimizing both an individual’s movements and how to instruct others. Certification candidates should view the Level I Certification Course as the beginning of the journey.
Note: Completion of the Level 1 Certification requires successfully passing 3 evaluations – the written exam, physical competence test, and coaching assessment.
Who Is This Course For?
The Level 1 Certification is designed as the ideal entry-point for all skill and fitness levels, from absolute beginners to experienced professionals.
Whether you’re a complete beginner, a professional, or a serious enthusiast, we will help you deepen your understanding of Natural Movement® Fitness by focusing on rebuilding basic movement patterns, using MovNat’s “from the ground up” approach.
The people who attend our Level 1 Certification come from all walks of life and from all over the world. They are men and women, young and old, who are busy parents, office workers, doctors, aspiring MovNat trainers, and others who are looking to improve their movement skills and fitness naturally. Some are totally new to MovNat and are hoping to start feeling healthy, fit, strong, and capable for the first time in their lives. Others have been training, in one way or another, their whole lives. Many are looking for an alternative to the traditional approach to fitness, which has failed them in some way. So, this program is for anyone who wants to become the healthiest, strongest, and most capable person they can be naturally, and wants to help others do the same.
Note: The level of difficulty will be scaled for each person’s ability. The L1 certification is definitely beginner friendly, and you will never be pushed to do anything too hard, unsafe, or that you’re uncomfortable with. But you will be challenged with basic, mindful movements that deliver amazing benefits for overall fitness, mobility and conditioning.
Techniques Covered To Help You Become a Capable, Confident Mover
You will learn dozens of techniques, such as:
- Ground Movement (lying, rolling, crawling, sitting, kneeling and get-ups)
- Gait Movement (walking and balancing variations, technical stepping)
- Airborne Movement (basic jumping and beginner vaulting techniques)
- Climbing Movement (specifically on narrow vertical and horizontal surfaces)
- Manipulative Movement (e.g. lifting, carrying, throwing, catching, etc.)
You will also receive teaching and coaching in Movement Efficiency Principles (e.g. including breathing technique) and General Practice Efficiency principles to help you get the most out of your MovNat practice.
PREPARE TO Learn, Adapt, and Increase Your Real World Capability
At this Level 1 Certification, you will:
- Learn fundamental movement efficiency principles that will enhance your understanding of movement and immediately improve your movements skills.
- Master efficient breathing techniques to instantly boost your well-being, energy levels, focus and recovery.
- Learn fundamental Natural Movement® techniques that will transform your real-life movement performance and turn you into a skilled and confident mover.
- Acquire a wide repertoire of movement variations and drills you can practice anywhere, with or without equipment.
- Learn the essential MovNat principles you need to start your own Natural Movement® practice and keep making progress after the course.
- Connect with like-minded people from around the world!
What’s On The Agenda?
We’ll be rebuilding and refining basic movement patterns that most modern humans have lost, using MovNat’s “from the ground up” approach.
You can expect several hours of professional instruction per day, split between morning and afternoon sessions. Every session will first cover fundamental movement techniques and variations with a great emphasis on mindfulness, breath, position, stability, and relaxation. Your instructors will emphasize practical, mindful movement and progressive, safe skill acquisition.
- Safe, step-by-step progressions for all abilities and fitness levels
- Learn MovNat’s principles through experience, and how they will change how you think about the way you move
- Understanding MovNat’s approach to developing movement skill and improving fitness
- Special emphasis on ground movement (e.g. sitting, kneeling, crawling, get ups, etc.) for restoring stability and mobility
- Introduction to each of MovNat’s movement domains (e.g. crawling, walking, running, balancing, jumping, vaulting, climbing, lifting, carrying, throwing, catching, etc.)
- Instruction on how to incorporate MovNat into your existing fitness routine, at-home practice, or busy lifestyle
We will be learning the foundations of this lost practice through a safe, yet challenging method. This experience will have clear benefits that you will feel immediately for overall physiological health, sustainable fitness, and reconnection to the child-like enjoyment of movement.
Johannesburg – Exact location will be emailed to participants 3-4 weeks in advance of the event.
Level 1 Certification
Level 2 Certification (optional)
Note: Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to prepare for each day’s activity.
*These times are subject to change. You will receive confirmation from your instructor prior to the event.
WHAT TO BRING
- Government issued photo ID
- Notebook and MovNat Trainer Manual
- Training gear for indoors and outdoors (e.g. shorts, T-shirt, minimal shoes, etc.)
- Snacks, fluids, and lunch
Steps to Prepare
- Read the MovNat Certified Trainer Manual and study the Level 1 Prep Materials (e.g. L1 Progression Manual, L1 Video Library, etc.)
- Join the MovNat Certified Trainer private Facebook group
- Get familiar with the movements, principles, and methodology of the MovNat system.
- See the “Study Aids” tab above for more resources.
We recommend at least three months and 20 total hours of practice time to prepare for the Level 1 Certification. But depending on your fitness level and movement background, you may need more or less time to prepare.
Note: You will receive a detailed Prep Guide and additional preparation instructions upon signup.
Please join us!
The MovNat Level 1 Certification will help you build your movement skills and fitness naturally, increase your real world capability from the ground up, and help others do the same.
If you want to lay a foundation for a deeper, lifelong Natural Movement® practice, please take the next step in your movement and fitness journey, and sign up TODAY to hold yourself accountable and motivate yourself to work hard while preparing.
“Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler