This Level 1 Certification 50+ is a rare opportunity to learn the fundamentals of Natural Movement® Fitness with a special emphasis on working with the aged – making it a perfect experience for beginners.
*this special event is for Ages 50+
We believe Natural Movement® is for everyone. We also believe that the older you get, the more important it is to not just exercise, but to move naturally (i.e. the way your body is designed).
So, if you want to improve your fitness and natural movement abilities, please join us at this special certification event where you’ll safely explore your potential under the tutelage of a couple of our best natural movement instructors.
Course Description: The MovNat Level 1 Trainer Certification covers the foundations of Natural Movement® Fitness. The program includes lectures on concepts and modalities, essential movements, coaching & teaching strategies, and dietary & lifestyle recommendations. The movement training includes small group sessions in which attendees are instructed & evaluated in MovNat techniques. These small training sessions are essential for engaging in dialogue and critique of movements. Methods are discussed for optimizing both an individual’s movements and how to instruct others.
Note: Completion of the Level 1 Certification requires successfully passing 3 evaluations – the written exam, physical competence test, and coaching assessment.
Who Is This Course For?
This certification is open to everyone age 50 and older – regardless of your fitness level or current movement abilities.
We will be focusing on rebuilding basic movement patterns, using MovNat’s “from the ground up” approach. The level of difficulty will be scaled for each person’s ability. So, this certification is definitely beginner friendly, and you will never be pushed to do anything too hard, unsafe, or that you’re uncomfortable with. But you will be challenged with basic, mindful movements that deliver amazing benefits for overall fitness, mobility and conditioning.
Techniques Covered To Help You Become a Capable, Confident Mover
You will learn dozens of techniques, such as:
- Ground Movement (lying, rolling, crawling, sitting, kneeling and get-ups)
- Gait Movement (walking and balancing variations, technical stepping)
- Airborne Movement (basic jumping and beginner vaulting techniques)
- Climbing Movement (specifically on narrow vertical and horizontal surfaces)
- Manipulative Movement (e.g. lifting, carrying, throwing, catching, etc.)
You will also receive teaching and coaching in Movement Efficiency Principles (e.g. including breathing technique) and General Practice Efficiency principles to help you get the most out of your MovNat practice.
PREPARE TO Learn, Adapt, and Increase Your Real World Capability
At this level 1 certification, you will:
- Learn fundamental movement efficiency principles that will enhance your understanding of movement and immediately improve your movements skills.
- Master efficient breathing techniques to instantly boost your well-being, energy levels, focus and recovery.
- Learn fundamental Natural Movement® techniques that will transform your real-life movement performance and turn you into a skilled and confident mover.
- Acquire a wide repertoire of movement variations and drills you can practice anywhere, with or without equipment.
- Learn the essential MovNat principles you need to start your own Natural Movement practice and keep making progress after the course.
- Connect with like-minded people from around the world!
What’s On The Agenda?
We’ll be rebuilding and refining basic movement patterns that most modern humans have lost, using MovNat’s “from the ground up” approach.
You can expect several hours of professional instruction per day, split between morning and afternoon sessions. Every session will first cover fundamental movement techniques and variations with a great emphasis on mindfulness, breath, position, stability, and relaxation. Your instructors will emphasize practical, mindful movement and progressive, safe skill acquisition.
- Safe, step-by-step progressions for all abilities and fitness levels
- Learn MovNat’s principles through experience, and how they will change how you think about the way you move
- Understanding MovNat’s approach to developing movement skill and improving fitness
- Special emphasis on ground movement (e.g. sitting, kneeling, crawling, get ups, etc.) for restoring stability and mobility
- Introduction to each of MovNat’s movement domains (e.g. crawling, walking, running, balancing, jumping, climbing, lifting, carrying, throwing, catching, etc.)
- Instruction on how to incorporate MovNat into your existing fitness routine, at-home practice, or busy lifestyle
We will be learning the foundations of this lost practice through a safe, gently challenging method. This experience will have clear benefits that you will feel immediately for overall physiological health, sustainable fitness, and reconnection to the child-like enjoyment of movement.
What Our Students Want You To Know
“I might have been a little nervous about being an over 50 female and if I would be able to handle it…I did not feel that I was pressured to perform above what I could handle, challenged yes, but pressured no. It put a spark in me to challenge myself more and come back stronger next year!” -Sherry Johnson, IA
“MovNat’s real world movement approach allowed me to play like a child again. I missed that so much. Now at age 50, I’m rolling, jumping, and playing with my kids…just like a kid. My clients can see how I can move effortlessly and are encouraged by that. I have had a series of quite serious injuries and MovNat allowed me to expose those limitations through sequenced movements. I am still improving and moving better through MovNat’s movement combos. I have added that to the FMS & SFMA and find them a great fit.” – Liam Clancy, Level 1 MCT, Physiotherapist, FMS
“My first impression of MovNat was that it was primarily for athletic (highly skilled) young men and that it would be awkward or even embarrassing if a 55+ year old woman showed up for a workshop. What I found instead was a place where all are welcome. I found instructors who are knowledgeable, excellent communicators, humble people who genuinely love movement and want to share that love with others. The principles of MovNat are for everyone, and natural movement is freedom and joy as opposed to fear and apprehension. I give credit to the excellent leaders and a model that includes safe and effective progressions which help improve confidence and competence at the same time. Thank you to MovNat for this system and for giving me a new excitement about my current abilities and the possibilities for many wonderful future movement experiences.” – Margot Wing
“I was very apprehensive about my preparation for the course due to my Achilles injuries. I was willing to try and trusted the MovNat approach to safe progressions, but was concerned that I was going to be a rookie among pros. Now, I can say that my fears were unfounded. I am so grateful to all of you for this experience…I feel very inspired to take my training to the next level.” -David Barclay, Denver, CO
“MovNat has completely flipped my movement philosophy on itself. I was limited before to four walls and typical gym equipment. I was boxed in…MovNat has transformed my exercise into a true movement practice where skills are practiced for the sake of becoming more competent and moving through my environment with more mastery. MovNat has rejuvenated the joy of moving.” – Alicia Wang
What The Press Is Saying – Get “Strong By Nature”
“And with that one word — “practical” — Le Corre exposes a key weakness in modern exercise: Our workouts are domesticated, while the world out there is still plenty wild. In a pinch, can a man put gym-generated biceps and tank-tread abs to any real use? Could it be that our treadmill-running, elliptical-gliding, well-oiled Cybex world has turned us into show dogs who can’t hold our own in the hunt?”
“Le Corre’s program occupies a space all its own. If anything, MovNat falls within the concept of “evolutionary fitness,” an increasingly popular trend embraced by a loosely organized but fast-growing global community of health enthusiasts, medical professionals, and athletes.”
“In a fitness industry driven by competition and aesthetics, Erwan Le Corre is a beacon of light. His school of natural movement celebrates Nature – both within us and around us. As millions of feet pound millions of treadmills in air-conditioned gyms the world over, one man in the wilds of New Mexico is quietly starting a natural fitness revolution.”
Great Lakes Chiropractic & Movement Center
Friday: 2pm – 6pm
Note: Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to prepare for each day’s activity.
WHAT TO BRING
- Government issued photo ID
- Notebook and MovNat Trainer Manual
- Training gear (shorts, T-shirt, minimal shoes) for indoors and outdoors.
- Snacks, fluids, and lunch.
Please join us!
This is a rare opportunity to attend a Level 1 certification for ages 50+. The first two “50+” events we hosted sold out within a matter of days, and we expect this course will fill up fast, too. So, please take the next step in your movement and fitness journey, and sign up TODAY to hold yourself accountable and motivate yourself to work hard to prepare.
“Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler