Learn the building blocks of Natural Movement.
Our workshops are designed to introduce you to Natural Movement, and give you the most important basics that you can practice in your daily life. We will focus on areas that need the most improvement and we will teach you routines that you can use and practice at home in twenty or thirty minutes a day.
In this special course, there will also be extra time devoted toward introducing wilderness skills that overlap and grow out of a natural movement practice including fire by friction, tracking & animal forms, stalking and scout games. We’ll be spending the entire day outside (rain or shine) in a woodland setting. We’ll have a fire going by the end of the day and you’re welcome to stay after the program to eat and hang out with us around the fire.
This workshop is being taught by Christa Whiteman DC, MCT L2, MovNat Combatives & Aquatics Certified and instructor with Wild Earth
- 9 hours of professional instruction in natural movement, including short lunch and snack breaks
- Safe, step-by-step progressions for all ages, abilities, and fitness levels
- MovNat’s principles, and how they will change how you think about the way you move
- Understanding MovNat’s approach to developing movement skill and improving fitness
- Special emphasis on ground movement for restoring stability and mobility
- Introduction to each of MovNat’s movement domains, from crawling to climbing
- How to incorporate MovNat into your existing fitness routine
- How to incorporate MovNat into an at-home practice or busy lifestyle
- Supplementary materials to help you implement your Natural Movement practice
- Introduction to the skills of fire by friction, tracking and stalking
WHAT TO BRING
Training gear (shorts, T-shirt, minimal shoes) for indoors and outdoors. Layers to be comfortable in a variety of weather conditions. Sunscreen, bug repellant and a tick removal device.
Snacks, fluids, and lunch. Dinner is you’d liked to hang out by the fire with us afterward.