By Nathan Amado, Level 3 MovNat Certified Trainer & MovNat Combatives Trainer
Want to learn how to combine natural movements into a challenging, full body workout?
Here’s an intermediate-level MovNat Combo Workout, which will help you break a sweat and transform your body while you’re improving your natural movement skills.
Instructions: Repeat the following movements in a circuit fashion 3-5 times (i.e. one after the other with minimal or no rest), keeping your total training time under 20 minutes:
- CRAWL: Balancing Foot Hand Crawl at height – 10 feet (regression: use a lower obstacle, a 2×4, or a line on the ground)
- JUMP: Depth Jump to Slap Landing – 1 rep (regression: lower the starting height of your depth jump)
- VAULT: Single Arm Side Vaults from a walk or run – 2/side = 4 total reps (regression: Two Arm Side Vault from standing)
- CLIMB: Elbow Pull-ups – 5 reps (regression: Double Forearm Side Hang for 5-10 seconds)
- GET UP: Bent Sit to Lateral Half-Kneeling Get Up – 3/side = 6 total reps (regression: elevate your hips by sitting on a block or step)
MovNat Combos are a great way to get a lot of work done in minimal time. Not only are you practicing a handful of natural movements to improve your skill and efficiency, you’re also getting a great workout that will help improve your fitness and conditioning, and reshape your body, too. MovNat Combos are effective as a standalone training session. Or, they make a great finisher at the end of a complete MovNat training session.
Want Some Help with Natural Movement Training?
Most people know that they should be more physically active. Some even recognize the incredible value in a system like MovNat. But they struggle with actually implementing natural movement into their daily lives.
That’s why we work closely with people from all walks of life to help them move better, get healthier and stronger, and discover their true potential with natural movement fitness.
It’s also why we work extensively with health and fitness professionals who understand the value of this new paradigm and are eager to start implementing it with their clients.
So, if you’re ready to take your movement practice to the next level, this is your chance. Please join our community and check out an event near you soon.
About the author: Nathan Amado is a MovNat Level 3 Certified Trainer, a MovNat Combatives Certified Trainer, and the founder of Original Human Movement in Dallas, Texas.