1 Day Elements Workshop. New Paltz, NY
Learn the building blocks of Natural Movement.
Our one day workshops are designed to introduce you to Natural Movement, and give you the most important basics that you can practice in your daily life. We will focus on areas that need the most improvement and we will teach you routines that you can use and practice at home in twenty or thirty minutes a day.
- 6 hours of professional instruction, including short lunch and snack breaks
- Safe, step-by-step progressions for all ages, abilities, and fitness levels
- MovNat’s principles, and how they will change how you think about the way you move
- Understanding MovNat’s approach to developing movement skill and improving fitness
- Special emphasis on ground movement for restoring stability and mobility
- Introduction to each of MovNat’s movement domains, from crawling to climbing
- How to incorporate MovNat into your existing fitness routine
- How to incorporate MovNat into an at-home practice or busy lifestyle
- Supplementary materials to help you implement your Natural Movement practice
- How to adapt your natural movement practice for unstructured, natural environments
Wild Earth Wilderness School www.wildearth.org
(Exact location will be emailed to participants a week in advance. Please note: this event will take place in an outdoor, unimproved location. Plan to dress according, prepare for all weather and bring a sense of adventure and respect for the natural environment.)
This workshop will be taught by Christa Whiteman
WHAT TO BRING
Training gear (shorts, T-shirt, minimal shoes) for indoors and outdoors.
Snacks, fluids, and lunch.