We have revamped our license packages to help you succeed as a professional and grow your business.
Why Get a license?
Here are some of the ways a MovNat License can help you succeed as a professional and grow your business.
- Global brand recognition from associating with the World Leader in Natural Movement Fitness – the fastest growing fitness offering in the world.
- The right to commercial use of our trademarks and official promotional materials to promote your business via print, digital and video media.
- Access to premium advertising materials, such as door/window stickers, posters, and advertising templates to promote your MovNat classes
- Access to the official MovNat programming and workout structure guidelines for both private training and group fitness instruction of MovNat Natural Movement classes.
- Access to our vast library of Natural Movement videos
- The right to use MovNat’s revolutionary new Natural Movement® Modular Equipment System.
- Being featured on the MovNat.com Facility Locator to direct new customers to your business.
- Automatic eligibility to teach 1-Day Elements Courses at additional profit share.
- You will be regularly considered for being featured in MovNat’s main marketing channels (website, newsletter, social media, etc.).
- Insider access to a private Licensee Facebook group where you can connect with other Licensees to help your business thrive.
- Premium support from MovNat HQ to help you achieve your long-term business and professional goals
And much more! The tables below provide some more details about the different benefits from our Licensing packages.
What is the difference between the Licenses?
Basic Class License
The MovNat Class License is required for individuals and facilities interested in offering MovNat Natural Movement classes. The MovNat Class License grants you the opportunity to offer a limited number of official MovNat Natural Movement® classes at your facility, as well as in the great outdoors or even online.
Premium Gym License
Similar to the MovNat Class License, the MovNat Gym License is required for facilities interested in offering MovNat Natural Movement classes but also incorporating “MovNat” or “Natural Movement” into their brand name. For example, if you are located in Los Angeles, you would be permitted to call your facility “MovNat LA,” provided there is not already a “MovNat LA,” or similarly, “Natural Movement® Santa Monica.”
Community Service License
The MovNat Community Service License is required for individuals and facilities interested in offering Natural Movement instruction or MovNat classes for free as a community service being offered in association with a current 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The MovNat Community Service License grants the licensee the opportunity to offer official MovNat Natural Movement® classes and instruction at an approved facility, as well as in the great outdoors, provided that no fees or donations of any kind are collected. There is no charge for this Licensing option.
Note: We also offer non-commercial Licensing options for training Military, LEO, Firefighters, K-12 schools, and universities – subject to limitations. Fill out the Application Form below for more details.
MovNat certified trainer Rights & Privileges
|Privilege||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Teach Level 1 skills||✓||✓||✓|
|Use the “MovNat Certified Trainer” and/or “MovNat Natural Movement Trainer” names, the MCT credential,|
and the MCT Logo on personal business materials, website, and promotional materials
|Listed on the MovNat.com Trainer Directory||✓||✓||✓|
|Eligible for certification at specialty events (e.g. MovNat Combatives & Aquatics)||✓||✓||✓|
|*May petition for Licensing if a health care professional||✓||N/A||N/A|
|Teach Level 2 skills||×||✓||✓|
|May apply to teach MovNat Elements Workshops||×||✓||✓|
|Eligible for Class or Gym Licensing||×||✓||✓|
|Teach Level 3 skills||×||×||✓|
|Eligible for selection as a MovNat Team Instructor (by invitation only)||×||×||✓|
MovNat licensee Rights & Privileges
|Privilege||Class License||Gym License|
|May hold up to 30 official MovNat/Natural Movement classes monthly||✓||N/A|
|Access to basic marketing materials (brochures, print/web ad templates, etc.)||✓||✓|
|Listed on the MovNat.com website as an active Licensee||✓||✓|
|Access to Natural Movement Video Database||✓||✓|
|Access to MovNat workout and programming guides for one-on-one instruction, group training, and classes.||✓||✓|
|Ongoing support from MovNat HQ Team||✓||✓|
|Access to a special insider Facebook group full of fellow business owners||✓||✓|
|Eligibility to hold (and profit from) MovNat 1 day Elements workshops at increased profit share||✓||✓|
|Ability to special order Natural Movement® Modular Equipment System||✓||✓|
|May use MovNat / Natural Movement trademarks in business name/brand/website (e.g. MovNat Denver).||×||✓|
|May develop websites, videos, and promo materials bearing the MovNat / Natural Movement trademarks||×||✓|
|May host unlimited MovNat / Natural Movement classes||×||✓|
|Access to all premium marketing materials (posters, door/window stickers, brochures, print/web ad templates, etc.)||×||✓|
|Access to upcoming insider continuing education groups||×||✓|
|Preferred partner for official MovNat social media campaigns||×||✓|
|Right of first refusal when MovNat events are hosted in your area||×||✓|
What are the requirements?
*Note: Health care professionals may petition for Licensing, even if they are only Level 1 certified. And in some cases, Licenses will be granted to those who have attended a MovNat Level 2 Certification event, but did not earn their L2 certification.
2. You must have access to an indoor location to teach classes (or work with a business/location that does). So, you must be a business owner, become one (by creating a LLC or other legal entity through your state), or work as a sole proprietor out of a legally functioning facility. Only licensees primarily teaching MovNat Natural Movement classes at a permanent indoors location will be allowed to periodically/seasonally conduct MovNat/Natural Movement classes in nature.*
*People who plan to conduct commercial classes at a consistent outdoor location in a mild climate (i.e., where its common for businesses to function year-round outdoors) can petition for an exception. A detailed business plan and photos/map of the meeting point should be included with your petition.
3. All Licensees must carry current liability insurance and comply with all appropriate laws and regulations in your region. Insurance is available from many companies. However, MovNat has a special arrangement for professionals in the USA with Sports & Fitness Insurance Corporation. You can find plans here.
4. If opting for the MovNat Community Service Licensee, you must have a permanent business address associated with an approved non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Or, other official documentation from your military base, school district, university, etc.
5. A license is required for each location where MovNat/Natural Movement classes are taught.
Q: How do I get a MovNat License?
A: The first step is to apply using the form below. If approved, you’ll then be required to submit any required documentation to verify proof of insurance, etc. If everything checks out, you’ll then submit your payment (either “paid in full” or your first monthly installment). After that, you’re officially a MovNat Licensee!
Q: How much do Licenses cost?
A: The Class License is $74 USD per month or $799 annually if prepaid (10% discount). The Gym License is $149 USD per month or $1490 annually if prepaid (17% discount).
Q: How long is my license valid?
A: Each license is valid for 1 year from the date of activation.
Q: Do you offer scholarships or discounts?
A: Scholarships and price reductions are available on a limited basis for special situations. Please fill out the License Scholarship Application for consideration.
Q: What’s different about the MovNat Licensing program? What are the recent updates?
A: Here’s a list of the changes, as of July 2018:
- New “Basic Class License” option
- More opportunities to petition (Medical professionals, Outdoor locations)
- Attending Level 2 is now the minimum requirement (vs. being L2 certified)*
- *Note: You will still only be able to teach movements which you have been certified to teach
- Scholarship opportunities
Q: Can I pay for my license now and activate it at a later date? If so, when can I access the materials that come with the license?
A: Yes, but a special payment arrangement will need to be made to make that possible. You cannot access any materials until the license is active.
Q: If I purchase a Gym License, do I have to use MovNat/Natural Movement in my business name? And do all my classes have to be MovNat/Natural Movement?
A: Firstly: no, you do not have to use the trademarks in your business name. Some choose not to because they already own established businesses and want to partner with MovNat and make it the foundation of their curriculum. Secondly: no, you don’t have to limit yourself to exclusively offering MovNat/Natural Movement classes. We do ask that anyone who uses MovNat/Natural Movement in their business name ensures that at least 70% of their offering is based on the MovNat Method. The rest is up to you!
Q: Is Licensing a good fit for me and my business?
A: If you love MovNat and want to share it with others, then you may be a good fit for Licensing. However, we understand that every business has unique needs, goals, and circumstances. So, the best way to find out if Licensing is a good fit for you is to Apply using the form below, so that a MovNat representative can help you determine what would be best for you and your unique business goals.
Ready to join the movement?
If you would like more information about the MovNat License Program, please fill out the form below. A MovNat representative will contact you shortly.