By Stefano Tripney, MovNat Team Instructor
Want to know how to put MovNat into a workout?
Here’s a beginner-level MovNat Combo Workout to get your heart pumping and muscles burning while you’re improving your natural movement skills.
Instructions: Repeat the following movements in a circuit fashion 3-5 times (i.e. one after the other with minimal or no rest), keeping your total training time under 20 minutes:
- CRAWL: 10 meter foot and hand crawl (regression: knee/hand crawl – progression: foot/forearm crawl)
- CLIMB: 5-30 second hang (regression: vertical hang with squat for assistance – progression: 5 hanging knee tucks)
- JUMP: 5 leg swing jumps (regression: single leg deadlift – progression: forward jump – to a precision landing, for added challenge)
- BALANCE: Walking on a 2.5 meter beam 4 times w/ pivot on both ends (regression: just walking or just pivoting – progression: carry a load)
- GET-UP: 6 alternating tripod get-ups (regression: 5 foot hand crawl get-ups – progression: 5 rocking squat get-ups)
MovNat Combos are a way to get a “workout” while you’re putting your movement skills to the test. You can get a lot of practice in and a lot of work done in minimal time – making them a great option for busy people, or as a final challenge “finisher” to conclude your MovNat practice sessions.
Ready to take the next step
In Your Movement Journey?
If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends and sign up for our newsletter. Also, check out the MovNat Youtube channel for more Combo Workouts (for all skill levels).
And if you’d like to upgrade your movement skills, the best way to do that is to find a MovNat Workshop near you. Or, if you’d like to go deep in your movement practice and help others do the same, sign up for our MovNat Certification, where we’ll teach you our systematic approach to mastering the full spectrum of natural movement fitness.