TRAIN THE WHOLE. NOT THE PARTS.
Natural Movement Fitness is different. We don’t isolate muscles. We don’t obsess over burnt calories. We train our whole bodies in an integrated, practical way. Our practice is about movement. It’s about life.
SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Move whenever you can, move before you can’t
Sitting on a workout machine is not the cure for sitting in front of a computer. What we need is MOVEMENT. Move the way your body was meant to move and see the immediate, practical results. FIND A WORKSHOP | BE A TRAINER
- Christopher McDougal, MENS HEALTH“with that one word — “practical” — Le Corre exposes a key weakness in modern exercise: Our workouts are domesticated, while the world out there is still plenty wild. In a pinch, can a man put gym-generated biceps and tank-tread abs to any real use? Could it be that our well-oiled Cybex world has turned us into show dogs who can’t hold our own in the hunt?”
Mr. Le Corre…promotes what he calls “mouvement naturel” at exercise retreats in West Virginia and elsewhere. His workouts include scooting around the underbrush on all fours, leaping between boulders, playing catch with stones, and other activities at which he believes early man excelled. These are the “primal, essential skills that I believe everyone should have,” he said in an interview.- Joseph Goldstein, NEW YORK TIMES
- Nick Heil, OUTSIDE MAGAZINE“Le Corre’s program occupies a space all its own. If anything, MovNat falls within the concept of “evolutionary fitness,” an increasingly popular trend embraced by a loosely organized but fast-growing global community of health enthusiasts, medical professionals, and athletes.”
“The very essence of MovNat encourages you to work out in a different way to normal so it was entirely appropriate that the day after my session I ascended to a previously unknown level of agony. Nevertheless, this purgatory couldn’t change the fact that I’d finished my session with a genuine smile on my face. One could almost say I was grinning like an ape.”- Paul Torpey, THE GUARDIAN
- Vicky Hallett, WASHINGTON POST“Under most circumstances, if I did an activity that left me with multiple bruises and such sore muscles that lifting my arms was agony, I’d guess that I’d done something very stupid. But after getting roughed up in Silver Spring earlier this month, I couldn’t help but feel smart — or, at least, smarter than the average gymgoer.”
- Micaa, New York“Wow. That’s all I can say. No, actually I have a lot more to say, but Wow kinda sums it up.”
- Karen Phelps, British Columbia“Now, when I bend over to pick up my daughter, my body immediately explores the most efficient way to do that… Her weight is no longer like a stone in my lower back.”
- John Sifferman, New England“Whenever you experience something amazing, something that leaves you changed, the feeling is always surreal upon returning home.”
- Robb Wolf, NyTimes Bestselling Author, Paleo Diet“..my body was responding completely differently than the previous day, and this while doing a far more challenging drill. I’m impressed.”
- Benjamin Stevens, British Columbia“…it will change how you move.”